Captain William Clark Park at Cottonwood Beach
- S Index St at S 32nd St, Washougal, WA 98671
- Region: Washougal
On March 31, 1806, Meriwether Lewis and William Clark established a camp at Cottonwood Beach while they secured provisions for the return trip through the Columbia River Gorge. Almost 200 years later, a multi-jurisdictional effort celebrated the Lewis and Clark Bicentennial in 2006 by opening Captain William Clark Park at Cottonwood Beach. Now, in addition to the existing water access at Cottonwood Beach, the park also features multi-use trails, restrooms, historic interpretive elements, picnic shelters and parking lots.