Spirit Tales of the Vancouver Barracks
- Dates: October 1, 2021 - October 31, 2021
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Location: Across from the Grant House
- Address: 1101 Officers Row, Vancouver, WA 98661
- Phone: (253) 223-0125
- Time: Fridays 7pm, Saturdays 4 & 7pm, Sundays 12pm
- Price: $18, $12 for Senior, Youth, Veteran and Adult Family Members
The Vancouver Barracks was founded in 1849, and members of the United States army served there for over 150 years. In those years, service members, their families, and many others, walked its grounds, leaving behind many memories. Memories of loneliness, fear and tragedy, all part of the darker aspects of military life. Whether you believe in ghosts or not, you will be interested in these stories of the Vancouver Barracks' past residents.
The tour lasts between 1 1/2 to two hours and is about 1 1/2 of a mile long. The tour starts at the west end of the Grant House parking lot. It follows a loop to the western half of the Vancouver Barracks, then back to the Grant House.