1st Saturdays Providence Academy Public Tour
- Presented By: The Historic Trust
- Dates: November 2, 2019 - April 4, 2020
- Recurrence: Recurring monthly on the 1st Saturday
- Location: Providence Academy
- Address: 400 E. Evergreen Blvd., Suite #105, Vancouver, WA 98660
- Phone: (360) 992-1811
- Time: 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- Price: Free, reservations required
Providence Academy was built by Mother Joseph of the Sacred Heart in 1873 and served as a school, orphanage, and governance offices for the Sisters of Providence. Mother Joseph, along with four other Montreal nuns, traveled to Vancouver to serve the social and religious needs of locals. She raised money for the construction of the House of Providence and 32 other charitable institutions by leading begging tours of local mining camps.
Providence Academy is wheelchair accessible, participants in wheelchairs must be able to move unassisted or with the help of a personal attendant. Tour involves climbing stairs. People with limited mobility may use a small elevator by request.