As spring approaches and brings a reinvigorated sense of goals and purpose, the Vancouver USA Regional Tourism Office is pleased to announce our board of directors and officers for 2014.
As many of our stakeholders know, the Tourism Office aggressively markets the Vancouver USA region to potential visitors and continually works to increase the overall economic impact of tourism in Clark County through convention and group sales. In addition to sales and marketing, our office also engages in industry advocacy and community partnership programs.
These efforts require a strong network of support - an integral role fulfilled by our board of directors. Board members take a leadership role through strengthening partnerships and serving as advocates for the economic impact of tourism. Board positions are volunteer roles filled by industry professionals and government officials who assist in building community-wide support for the tourism industry in Clark County.
For the 2014 term, Kari Jonassen, general manager of Homewood Suites by Hilton, assumes the position of board chair. Paul Thornton, general manager of Red Lion Hotel Vancouver at the Quay, fulfills the role of vice chair, and Carla Rise, general manager of Residence Inn by Marriott, serves as secretary/treasurer. New directors include Vancouver Farmers Market Executive Director Jordan Boldt and Clark County Event Center and Fairgrounds Executive Director and CEO John Morrison.
Returning directors for 2014 are:
• Jan Bader: City of Vancouver, program & policy development manager
• Kimberly Bennett: Vancouver USA Regional Tourism Office, president & CEO
• Alison Hite: Marriott SpringHill Suites Portland Vancouver, general manager
• Brian McClary: The Heathman Lodge, director of operations
• David Madore: Clark County, commissioner
• Elson Strahan: Fort Vancouver National Trust, president & CEO
• Eric Walters: Hilton Vancouver Washington, general manager
• Melinda Wulf: Phoenix Inn and Suites, general manager
We hope you'll join us in welcoming our board of directors and support us in our collective efforts to advocate for the tourism industry and promote Vancouver USA as a destination for travelers, convention delegates and meeting attendees.
Kari Jonassen Kim Bennett
Board Chair President & CEO
GM Homewood Suites by Hilton Vancouver USA Regional Tourism Office