January 21, 2016
For more information:
Visit Vancouver USA Announces 2016 Board of Directors
VANCOUVER, Wash. - Visit Vancouver USA is pleased to announce its board of directors and officers for 2016. The board of directors is comprised of hospitality and business professionals, community leaders, and City and County representatives who are responsible for building community-wide support for the tourism industry in Clark County.
For the 2016 term, Melinda Capen, General Manager of the DoubleTree by Hilton, assumes the position of board chair. Taylor Nintzel, General Manager of the Hampton Inn & Suites, will fulfill the role of vice chair. Brian McClary, Director of Operations at the Heathman Lodge, has been elected secretary/treasurer. New directors include Mike McLeod, General Manager of the Hilton Vancouver Washington; and Patrick Quinlan, General Manager of the Holiday Inn Express Vancouver North.
Returning directors for 2016 are as follows:
- Jeanne Stewart - Clark County Council
- Jan Bader - City of Vancouver, Program & Policy Development Manager
- Kimberly Bennett - Visit Vancouver USA, President & CEO
- Jordan Boldt - Vancouver Farmers Market, Executive Director
- Mike Bomar - Columbia River Economic Development Council, President
- Kari Jonassen - Homewood Suites by Hilton, General Manager
- John Morrison - Clark County Event Center & Fairgrounds, Executive Director & CEO
- Carla Rise - Residence Inn by Marriott, General Manager
About Visit Vancouver USA
Visit Vancouver USA is the official destination marketing organization for Vancouver USA and the surrounding areas. The organization also markets the region as a venue for sports events through the Vancouver USA Sports brand. Visit Vancouver USA's mission is to increase visitor spending in Vancouver and Clark County through competitively marketing the area as a destination for meetings, conventions, and group and leisure travelers. For more information call 360-750-1553, or visit www.VisitVancouverUSA.com.